I am an illustrator and comic artist working out of the San Francisco Bay Area. My work has seen print in the East Bay Express, the Lavapunch comics anthology, and the Missed Connections and Bridge Project anthologies. On the web, my work has appeared on the frontpages of XIP, Retrocrush, Somethingawful, and creativeskin.
Now you know what episode this is from!
back of envelope doodle
back 2 work (at Cartoon Network Studios)
What is up with the Cartoon Network 'hiatuses'? Can you please explain why they do this, who makes the decision, & if you the storyboarders have any input on why and how they do this? As much as we like Regular Show and many other of Cartoon Network's shows, it is upsetting to not know when the next date of a new episode will air as well as find the titles and descriptions out. Also, where is the best source to find out the upcoming episode airdates and titles/descriptions? CN is slow sometimes.
A lot of reasons. Maybe CN doesn?t want to burn through all the episodes too fast. Maybe they want to save some episodes for later.
The storyboarding staff is pretty hands off on any decision making on that end. Most of the time we get the airing dates on the CN website or from you guys on tumblr believe it or not.
We?re just artists! Not marketers or program schedulers. I?ve been to CN HQ in Atlanta and they have a huge whiteboard with the CN schedule plus ALL the schedules of our competitors and their ratings, advertisers, etc etc. They use science and math and sorcery to figure out where everything goes.
UC Berkeley '03: B.A. Cognitive Science (Computational focus)
12/13/08 - 01/14/09@ GR2: POST IT SHOW 3
09/07/07 - 09/29/07@ RPS Gallery, Oakland CA: Dirty Drawers art show
03/20/08 - 4/27/08@ Pony Club Gallery, Portland OR: Magick show
- Designed interface mockups
- Collaborated with users & analysts
- Lobbied for overhauls of outdated layout methods
- Coded with Struts XML, JSP, Oracle, and Java
- Built small, meaningful icons pixel by pixel
- Built worldwide inventory and leadtime systems in small team
- Architected mySQL schemas
- Developed a calendar based scheduler system for site postings
- Wrote PHP generate dynamic mySQL queries
- Collaborated on scripts with writers and artists
- Worked under tough deadlines
- Satisfied many clients and customers to date
- Created site branding from scratch
- Drew meaningful vector web graphics
National Semiconductor, Santa Clara CA
Applications Programmer, 10/04 - Current
- Primary 24/7 worldwide support for OLAP Bookings cubes and OLAP cube AIX server shell scripts and data.
- Maintained Cognos PowerPlay Cubes
- GUI design, Java developer, Perl developer, Oracle developer
Keynote Systems, San Mateo CA
QA Engineer, 1/03 - 6/03
- Collaborated with QA team
- Main developer on java stats tool & associated documentation